This therapy utilizes plastic cups and a vacuum pistol, bulb or machine to create suction on the body surface. These cups are moved over the skin using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup, and are parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release. This suction can reach deep into the soft tissue or can work superficially to pull inflammation and toxins toward the surface so that the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. Scar tissues often release quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
One of the most amazing aspects of this technique is the “separation” that the vacuum produces in tissue layers. This enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue as well as the elimination of old waste and congestion.
Along with substantial health benefits of clearing old debris, the use of suction is invaluable in releasing soft tissue, scars and restricted fascia. Sports professionals are benefitting from the ease of recovery from injury or surgery and an increase in athletic performance, and major league sports team are utilizing the therapy.
Medi-Cupping can comfortably:
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation from injury or chronic conditions.
- Relieve deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms.
- Release and soften scar tissue and loosen post-surgery adhesions.
- Lift and stretch soft tissue to separate fascia and restrictions.
- Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints.
- Promote healthy circulation and open the energy flow of the body.
- Move stagnation and enable normal lymphatic flow.
- Enhance any athletic training program to improve performance.
- Reduce “Solid Bloat”